2017 Fender® Limited Edition American Professional Pine Telecaster
Weight: 7 lbs 4 oz
Fender’s original prototype instruments were fashioned from pine and now, with the 2017 Limited Edition American Professional Pine Telecaster they’ve come full circle.
In 1887, construction was completed on what was then the world’s largest grain elevator, located in Superior, WI. With a capacity to store over 5 million bushels of grain, the Global Elevators were constructed from more than 6 million board feet of virgin-forest, old-growth Eastern White Pine. The Old Globe Elevator operated until 1988 when deconstruction began to reclaim its aged lumber.
The century-old air-dried wood was then further seasoned using a controlled cooking process that removes residual moisture for maximum stability and optimal resonance, ideal for guitar making. The rugged knots and rustic grain patterns honor the wood’s humble blue-collar origins in America’s heartland. With their weathered look and warm tone, these limited-edition pine-body guitars pay homage to the very first instruments Fender crafted in the 1940s.
For authentic, vintage-inspired tone, the 2017 Limited Edition American Professional Pine Telecaster is loaded with a single American Vintage ’64 Gray-bottom single-coil Tele® pickup and a Lollar Charlie Christian single-coil neck pickup. The Lollar pickup was selected for its old-school “woody” tone and rustic aesthetic appeal and vibe. Topped by 22 narrow-tall frets for easy bending, the 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard is ideal for most playing styles, offering enough arc for comfortable chording while remaining flat enough for wide bends. The three-saddle string-through-body Tele bridge features compensated brass saddles for accurate intonation along the entire length of the neck.
With its classic, original-era sound and style, the 2017 Limited Edition American Professional Pine Telecaster is an inspiring tribute to the Telecaster’s origin.
- Series: Limited Edition
- Body Material: Cooked Reclaimed Pine
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck: Figured Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648mm)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern “Ashtray” Bridge Cover
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Anodized Aluminum
- Pickups: American Vintage ‘64 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Tele (Bridge), Lollar Charlie Christian (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge andNeck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Other Features: Limited Edition Neck Plate, Laser Engraved Logo on Headstock