Demo Fender® Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster® Pau Ferro Fingerboard w/Gigbag
*There is a small finish crack in the clear coat at the corner of the heel of the guitar. This does not affect the structural integrity of the guitar–it is purely superficial.
1 in stock
Demo Fender Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster!
Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
It’s been 50 years since Jimi Hendrix took the world by storm with his incredible Monterey Pop Festival performance, which he concluded with the sacrificial burning of his now-iconic hand-painted Stratocaster. Destroyed during the fiery culmination of his set, this one-of-a-kind guitar survived only in photos and film. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of this milestone in music history, Fender has created the limited-edition Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster.
A trio of single-coil Stratocaster pickups give this Strat® its classic Fender sound—bell-like and articulate, it has plenty of singing sustain for soloing. The “C”-shaped maple neck bears a vintage-style 7.25”-radius pau ferro fingerboard with 21 vintage-sized frets for a playing feel just like the original. The six-screw synchronized tremolo is perfect for unleashing dive-bombs and other sonic expression. Other period-correct touches include the vintage-style tuning machines, strap buttons, trem arm and dual-wing string trees.
An homage to Hendrix’s spectacular Strat—right down to the hand-painted nail-polish artwork that burned its way into our memories—and as a special touch Fender has added an exclusive etched Hendrix neck plate. Carrying on the same free-spirited, psychedelic vibe of the original, and indeed Hendrix himself, the Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster is sure to set your music ablaze.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage
- Position Inlays: Aged White Dot (Pau Ferro)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: Printed Monterey Artwork
- Pickups: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat (Bridge/Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching:5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag