Fender® American Original ’70s Jazz Bass® Maple Fingerboard Natural w/Case
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Over the course of the ‘70s, the Jazz Bass entered its “teenage years,” changing its visual style and inspiring new playing techniques—such as slapping—which led directly to new, creative forms of expression. Its smooth feel and growly midrange, tempered with a bit of treble bite, made it a hero in recording sessions around the globe. The American Original ‘70s Jazz Bass updates the smooth playing feel with a modern-radius fingerboard, while retaining the classic Fender tone and style that made the Jazz Bass the tool of choice for creative bassists.
The Pure Vintage ’75 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The sleek “’70s U”-shaped neck profile and 9.5”-radius fingerboard combine for a comfortably agile playing feel. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware—including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge—vintage-style hardshell case.
An authentic recreation of the instrument that created funk and disco, the American Original ‘70s Jazz Bass is the best way to get inspired and groove.
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck: Maple, 1975 “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard: Bound, Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.475” (37.46 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage ‘70s with Fender Logo
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Pure Vintage ‘70s with Single Groove Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge & Middle)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case: Vintage-Style Hardshell