Weight: 10 lbs 3 oz
Without a doubt, your instrument should equal the quality of your effort. At some point the word “boutique” comes to mind: Select-grade materials, neck-thru construction, and top quality components, all in a meticulously crafted instrument. But what about the price? That’s where Ibanez comes in. Ibanez’s ability to build small-shop quality into inspiring yet affordable instruments is showcased by BTB series basses.
The BTB’s extra-long 35-inch neck scale offers tight, even tension with no flopping on the low end, and added sustain on the high strings. It also provides superior articulation. Neck-through construction provides massive sustain and excellent stability. The BTB845 has much deeper cutaways which allow effortless access to the upper frets.
The stainless steel frets are known for their bright tone, and they add player-friendly features, such as long durability and a smoothness to bend on.
A “zero” fret provides accurate intonation, while allowing open strings to ring with the same resonance as notes played up the neck.
The Bartolini® BH2 pickups provide a tight bottom-end, punchy mid-range, and smooth response. The dual-coil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced string-to-string pickup response.
The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3-way mid-frequency switch offers tonal variations that enhance simple chord work as well as complex soloing.
The Mono-rail V is the ultimate bridge for bass string isolation. Each bridge is independently and securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference.
Neutrik® locking jack provides stable and secure connections, preventing accidental disconnect or shock and vibration.
- Neck type: BTB5 5pc Maple/Walnut neck-through
- Body: Poplar Burl top/Ash/Okoume wing body
- Fretboard: Jatoba fretboard w/Abalone dot inlay
- Fret: Medium Stainless Steel frets (+ zero fret)
- Number of frets: 24 (+ zero fret)
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
- Factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- String gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Hardware color: Cosmo black
- Includes: Ibanez IBB541 Navy PowerPad Gigbag
Scale : 889mm/35″
a : Width 47mm at NUT
b : Width 76mm at 24F
c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
d : Thickness 22mm at 12F
Radius : 400mmR